Saturday, September 10, 2016

How do you handle it!!!


I'm over the SN's team for our transportation department.

 Have I ever mentioned that???

Well, I've got an issue right now. My team is getting beaten up. We have a kiddo who's carried out to the bus after school kicking and screaming!!! Then just kinda left in the seat. The group ( his teacher, the aide, and male principal) that brought him out, jus kinda casually walk away. 

( In no way is this a shot at that team.  They've had their day already, and it's now time for them to go home.)

It's just now we're left with a very upset kiddo, who does not want to be touched. Strapping him in, is now a huge chore, and trying to calm him down.......

 You're kidding me right??? That's not happening!!!!!

Instead we have a kiddo, who is unable to express his feelings, and lashes out, hitting, biting, and kicking. This is where my concern lays. My aide on the bus. She has to deal directly with him, touching him to secure his belts, talking to him, she tends to get the  brunt of his frustration. 

The bite she got on Friday, set me on a mission. I spent the afternoon looking for coping  strategies. Here's 3 that I found and have already made. 

All pictures are from Pinterest. I'll share mine later

I didn't mind these projects. They took no time at all. However, I'm now concerned that these may be thrown and that I'm creating a bigger problem 

Help!!!!! What are your thoughts??

UPDATE!!!

Having trouble with app. Will update soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment